Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cabin Fever

After being stuck inside all day yesterday I decided to venture out this morning. Tom gave me the job of moving firewood from the edge of our yard to our garage because he didn't think I could handle the more strenous job of clearing the mountain the snowplow left at the end of our driveway. Foxy and I set out to tackle the firewood project, but we got bored pretty quickly. Foxy is a wimp and can't handle the cold weather and since there is only one path in our backyard she kept plowing into me as she hot-rodded around. I decided Tom didn't know what he was talking about and I would clear the edge of the driveway just to prove a point. 15 minutes later I was sure I was having a heart attack and I went inside to admit my defeat. Tom and James were at the window watching and laughing the entire time. I guess that's what I get for trying to prove a point.

I'm sad to say it but I think we'll all be back at work and school tomorrow. The snowplow has been through and the blizzard of 2009 is officially over. I've really enjoyed being snowed in, and so have Tom and James, but I think Foxy is ready for everyone to leave her alone for awhile. She's been upstairs sleeping in the guest bedroom ever since our snow adventure this morning.

James has become very mobile during our little break. He can't crawl forward yet, but he can go backwards really fast! He even found Foxy's food bowl this morning. Foxy was not happy.


Snow days are so funny!


This poor Bert and Ernie doll was a casualty of the Blizzard of '09. Yesterday when I saw that school was canceled again today I did a celebratory dance that made Foxy so excited she took off with this ball in her mouth. Bert and Ernie used to laugh and vibrate, that is no longer the case.


Cute boy.


Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment