Sunday, February 21, 2010

Daycare Phone Call Part 2

Thursday afternoon I was in the middle of my 2nd reading group when my phone rang (deja vu anyone?). I answered and it was Jamesie's babysitter (is this starting to sound familiar now?). Unfortunately, today's message was no simple wardrobe malfunction. Jamesie had been sleeping all morning (he doesn't nap), he just wanted to be held (he's much too busy for that kind of thing), he was crying (he never cries), and his temperature was 101. Little Boy was sick! I went and got him and we were off to the doctor. The doctor checked him out and announced that he had his first ear infection. We got a prescription for some medicine and home we went. My busy little boy sat on my lap and cuddled for an hour, then he slept the rest of the day. He woke up at 6:30, ate, and was back in bed by 7:30. Poor little stinker! Friday he stayed home with Tom and was feeling much better, but was moving in slow motion. Now he's as good as new. It was nice to borrow a cuddly little guy for a day, but I'm really glad to have my Jamesie back!





No comments:

Post a Comment